Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Follow the Gut!

When I was picking up a late to go order at a local establishment that I frequent often enough that the employees know my name and I know theirs earlier this week, I had that bad feeling.

Nothing specific, just something isn't right.  All the chairs were stacked for the night and there was one, what I thought was customer waiting for food that I could see when I drove up.  See, I was paying attention to my surroundings.

Went in and the guy behind the counter was not his usual cheery, friendly self, he was .... stiff.  He didn't call me by name, didn't have me sign my card receipt and I was in and out in 45 seconds, never before. And yes I did try to see the face of the hooded one who was standing to the side as if he was waiting for food, but he turned away every time I turned my head in his direction.

As I was leaving the unusually empty parking lot, it still didn't feel right.  I made a couple of passes around the lot and thru the adjacent lot, but my guys were both still up by the registers and hooded one was over to the side.  Should I call the police?????

Yep, I shure should have!  This morning I was reading the local rag and law enforcement was looking for the "white girl" who walked in and out during the robbery. 

I appreciate that my guys were trying to protect me by not giving me away or my profession away, I always knew they were good guys.

I like being called a girl again..........

No comments:

Post a Comment