Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Offline

Some days, the best place to be is offline.  Leave the "frontier", don't visit the "social" town or work the "farm".  I left town for the Thanksgiving Holiday and went to visit family.  That was good.  Fixed the "crackberry" so that it would only make noise if there were an actual phone call.  None of this answer every stinkin' email that all who feel they are of greater importance must send you so that you can be as disturbed as they are.

I am leaving the office at 5 pm these days.  Not because I have something else to do, but because it's not appreciated if I stay.  I am spending this next month caring for me.

Yes, for those who know, I have been sick. I was bitten by a bug.  Not influenza, just an ugly virus.  For once, I didn't argue when the doc said stay home! This virus was ugly. 

Returning to work this morning, I found that a co-worker followed the same idenitcal illness progression I did.  That means we were both exposed at the same time, hmmmmm my Friday meeting? 

Staying offline is healthy.  It clears the brain.

I even discovered over this last weekend, that I was violating my own rules and made changes in my lifestyle and actions to correct any gross error in judgement I was about to commit.  Reflection is healthy.  I hadn't read my horoscope in years.  I did Saturday and the thought about what it said and took some serious knee time and did an OMG!  Corrected my errors and re-positioned the "guidance system". 

Life is good....sore as hell from coughing....but life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment